trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <ming....@esgyn.cn>
Subject [DISCUSSION] want to add Encryption function into Trafodion built-in function
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2016 14:15:26 GMT
Hi, all,

We recently  want to add several built-in functions into Trafodion:
AES_ENCRYPT
AES_DECRYPT

ASF has some rules that if a software want to play with encryption: https://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

We cannot fully understand it, so want to have a discussion in the community first.

We will use AES APIs from openSSL, not include or write any AES code, just use the AES apis
from openSSL, not implement an AES algorithm. We don't know if this is allowed? How shall
we proceed if we want to include these functions?

Any advices will be very helpful.

thanks,
Ming