trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Jin, Jian (Seth)" <Jian....@esgyn.cn>
Subject RE: RE: Encourage Community
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 02:37:50 GMT
Great! I like the 1st sentence: The Trafodion Community is International!

Br,

Seth

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Pearson [mailto:carol.pearson234@gmail.com]
Sent: 2016年11月16日 3:52
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: Encourage Community

Hi,

+1 to Qifan's comments, and we should extend them further.  I believe we
should invite people who speak other languages to join in and even become experts who can
read and reply in other languages as well. Translation software is getting better and better,
so there's no reason Trafodion community activities (be they questions or usage or even more
advanced contributions like Jiras and code and UDFs) should be restricted solely to people
who are can communicate in English.

Maybe wording like:

The Trafodion Community is International!

The Trafodion Community welcomes your questions and comments in any language you feel comfortable
using.  You can send an email to user@trafodion.incubator.apache.org using your preferred
language.  Most likely, Trafodion community members will use language translation software
to convert your question to languages they understand, and then reply in their own most comfortable
language.  You can use translation software to convert their reply back to your own language,
and continue the discussion.

The Trafodion community includes many people who speak Chinese, and people who are fluent
or native speakers of other languages as well. And we welcome people who want to get involved
by becoming facilitators for Trafodion in other areas too!

-Carol P.

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222