trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar Tapper <tapper.gun...@gmail.com>
Subject [RELEASE PLANNING] 2.1 Release Management
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 01:32:33 GMT
Hi,

I've created a page sub tree for release management on the Trafodion wiki.
The idea is to provide a poor person's self-service release planning and
status tool.

Please refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Release+2.1 for the
2.1 release management information.

As you can see, we've identified nine Jiras as release drivers. I'm not
sure whether the Jiras in Open state are actively worked on and/or will
make the 2.1 release.

I expect that release drivers will have specific testing and that we'll
need to update the documentation for each release driver. Perusing the
Jiras, I saw no indication of planned test or planned documentation updates?

Let's pick on Jira 1673 as an example. What testing is being planned and
who's doing it? What changes are needed to the SQL Reference Guide and
who's doing it?

I'm going to build out the Release Checklist part and look for other
documentation jiras.

Meanwhile, I'm expecting whomever that is responsible for a release driver
jira to ensure that we have end-to-end delivery of the function. Please
edit the wiki page directly even if you're just opening a new jira to
document the feature.

Also, if you disagree with a release driver or think a new release driver
should be added, then please start a discussion on the dev list.

--
Thanks,

Gunnar