trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Jin, Jian (Seth)" <Jian....@esgyn.cn>
Subject RE: [RELEASE PLANNING] 2.1 Release Management
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 02:27:33 GMT
This is great and provide us a clear view about R2.1 release status.

Br,

Seth

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunnar Tapper [mailto:tapper.gunnar@gmail.com]
Sent: 2016年12月1日 9:33
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: [RELEASE PLANNING] 2.1 Release Management

Hi,

I've created a page sub tree for release management on the Trafodion wiki.
The idea is to provide a poor person's self-service release planning and status tool.

Please refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Release+2.1 for the
2.1 release management information.

As you can see, we've identified nine Jiras as release drivers. I'm not sure whether the Jiras
in Open state are actively worked on and/or will make the 2.1 release.

I expect that release drivers will have specific testing and that we'll need to update the
documentation for each release driver. Perusing the Jiras, I saw no indication of planned
test or planned documentation updates?

Let's pick on Jira 1673 as an example. What testing is being planned and who's doing it? What
changes are needed to the SQL Reference Guide and who's doing it?

I'm going to build out the Release Checklist part and look for other documentation jiras.

Meanwhile, I'm expecting whomever that is responsible for a release driver jira to ensure
that we have end-to-end delivery of the function. Please edit the wiki page directly even
if you're just opening a new jira to document the feature.

Also, if you disagree with a release driver or think a new release driver should be added,
then please start a discussion on the dev list.

--
Thanks,

Gunnar