trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Yi (Eason)" <yi.zh...@esgyn.cn>
Subject Re: how to turn on monitor trace?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 03:47:03 GMT

There’s no shell.env by default, but it works after I manually create one. Thanks, Narendra!

Thanks,
Eason

On 17/02/2017, 11:06, "Narendra Goyal" <narendra.goyal@esgyn.com> wrote:

    To trace the monitor:
    Add these lines in $MY_SQROOT/sql/scripts/shell.env to trace the monitor ('#' as the first
character disables the trace of that type):
    MON_TRACE_ENABLE=1
    MON_TRACE_INIT=1
    MON_TRACE_EVLOG_MSG=1
    MON_TRACE_REQUEST=1
    MON_TRACE_PROCESS=1
    #MON_TRACE_MLIO=1
    #MON_TRACE_MLIO_DETAIL=1

    After that restart the env, the trace files are in $MY_SQROOT/tmp/monitor.trace*

    One can even start/stop the monitor trace dynamically (via sqshell), as follows:

    sqshell -a
    et MTRC-MON_TRACE_REQUEST=1
    set MTRC-MON_TRACE_REQUEST_DETAIL=1
    set MTRC-MON_TRACE_PROCESS=1
    set MTRC-MON_TRACE_ENABLE=1

    after that execute other stuff for which you want the monitor trace, then turn off monitor
trace:

    sqshell -a
    set MTRC-MON_TRACE_ENABLE=0

    Look in the file $MY_SQROOT/monitor/linux/trace.sub to find the additional stuff that
can be traced by the monitor.

    Thanks,
    -Narendra