trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Subbiah <suresh.subbia...@gmail.com>
Subject Help committing a PR
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:18:07 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to merge Zalo's PR 958 to the incubator-trafodion branch. I use
Hans' myapachecommit script to merge PRs. Today I find that it does not
work and gives this error message.
"unable to determine target branch of pull request"

I can see that the grep/sed command used by myapachecommit script may be
thrown off by the creation of the 2.1 branch. I can try to fix that.
However I am not sure if I should be merging new PRs to the release2.1
branch or to master. I can see that Ming merged to master a few hours ago.
Steve's PR 974 is slated for release2.1. My questions are

1) Does the author of the code make the determination on which branch to
merge to? Does the committer have any guidelines or checks to do before
merging the change (regarding target branch)
2) I suppose the commit procedure described here is still valid to push to
master. How should they be modified to push to release 2.1?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Merge+Changes

Thank you.
Suresh