trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Work towards graduation
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 15:22:10 GMT
Hi all,

Last time we checked whether we were ready to graduate was in July/August
2016. Since we started incubation we have released a number of times
succesfully (so we can say that we have that under our belt).

Our community shows a healthy interaction on our mailing list(s) and
through github (pull requests -947 closes, forks - 85, stars - 91, watch -
25, all per today) and several presentations have been made
(ApacheCon/Apache BigData/other events).

All in all, our reports (through the Incubator reports) to the board show a
podling, where its contributors act in accordance with the ASF principles
and is moving forward in a steady pace.

And our contributors are working towards our next release..

So, I believe it is time that we start working towards graduation. One
action we should all work at is looking at [1] and update our details (e.g.
affiliation, e-mail address) to reflect a current situation.

A major aspect regarding graduation is diversity. This is not as much a
point with respect to committer. But it might be perceived (by Incubator
voters - with binding vote - as an issue when it comes down to the
proposition of the intended PMC (after graduation).

   - If we feel that diversity (as it is now in the PPMC, or as it will be
   in the future PMC) will be an issue, we should invite more from a different
   flock (e.g. consider report reviewers/others).
   - If we feel that we can successfully address IPMC concerns we, of
   course, have nothing to worry about.

To come to an end of this posting:

please share your thoughts on whether we are ready to graduate

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Contributors

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>