trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Work towards graduation
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 22:22:42 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 10:27 AM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>

> > Is there general agreement with Pierre's belief? If there were no Esgyn,
> > would Trafodion prevail? Asking here so we are prepared when question
> > comes up on the general incubator list.
> >

> Did that question come up wrt Cloudera and Kudu for graduation?

No.

Kudu was in a different place with (non-Cloudera) Apache advocates -- Jake
and Chris. -- and non-Clouderian contributors, more overall activity, and
at least one large (public) deploy, and so on. It was also being run by
long-time Apache members/committers.

The question may well be asked when say, Impala, which went in before Kudu
and is still in incubation, comes up for graduation.

The question is just a form of my main concern regards graduation, which is
being able to demonstrate that this project has the first indicator of
being an 'open and diverse community': i.e. being able to "...recruit
users, developers, committers and PMCers." [1]

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community