trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Work towards graduation
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:01:19 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Hans Zeller <hans.zeller@esgyn.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to comment on one thing in the email below: Stack, you call
> yourself a "deadbeat mentor". I want to disagree strongly with that and say
> thank you for the many things you are continuously doing, from granting
> Karma to making connections to other projects to asking the right questions
> and providing guidance (and probably many more things I don't know about)!
>
> Also, a short comment on the subject of the thread: IMHO we should wait a
> bit more before asking for a graduation vote. My hope is that we will get
> some more and also more active committers outside of Esgyn and some more
> active users over the next year or so.
>
> Thanks again for being a great mentor,

Smile. If you saw what a good mentor does you might think different!

Pierre, do you think the project ready to go up for a vote on the general
list on incubator?

If we are going to be incubator a bit longer, lets try and get more
mentors. Would be good to have more around when discussion like this; good
to have variety of opinion.

Lets try and figure how to do more outreach too.