trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [RELEASE] 2.1 Release Branch Coming Soon -- Install documentation
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 21:50:13 GMT
Regarding the upcoming release, we now have a new command-line installer (pyinstaller) and
an Ambari plug-in.

I am sure neither one of these has nearly as much testing/usage as the legacy command-line
installer.

Automated tests, for instance, have not yet switched to using pyinstaller (hopefully coming
soon).

There is a very small wiki page that gives a clue to developers about the installers (mostly
a pointer to the README in the source tree).
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Cluster+Installation

But the provisioning guide still discusses only the legacy installer (sections: 2,6,7,9).
http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html

My question is which of these install tools should we document for release 2.1 in the guide?
 Should we stick with the tried-and-true option, or get the new methods out in front?  Opinions?

--Steve