trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [RELEASE] 2.1 Release Branch Coming Soon -- Install documentation
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 23:18:18 GMT
I agree. It makes sense to me that we update provisioning guide to document primarily pyinstaller,
along with a small note that the legacy command-line installer is deprecated, but available.
We can direct users to 2.0 release for documentation on that installer, so that we don't have
to clutter the document with duplicate info.

I can add info on how to install the Ambari plug-in, perhaps with a pointer to Ambari docs
on how to use it.

Pyinstaller is the main one, since it supports multiple distros.

Eason, if I take the first shot at the high-level stuff and Ambari info, can you update the
command-line installer parts?

--Steve