trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Roberta Marton <roberta.mar...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSSION] Work towards graduation
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:41:29 GMT
I believe we are ready to go to TLP in Trafodion.  Speaking as the first release manager for
Trafodion, we have come a long way since the first release.  We have incorporated many new
processes in Trafodion to meet Apache standards with licensing, copyrights, and release management.
  We have an active team in place and it is growing.   It is exciting to be part of such a
great product.

    Roberta

-----Original Message-----
From: Qifan Chen [mailto:qifan.chen@esgyn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:13 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] Work towards graduation

We can offer some good aspects of diversity with Trafodion as follows. This happens slowly
but surely since the start of the incubation of Trafodion.

  1.  More developers work on Trafodion than before, such as improving the SQL engine, or
writing Trafodion UDFs to extend Trafodion functionalities. This is particularly true in both
US and China;
  2.  More companies/communities have convinced that Trafodion can help meet their Big Data
needs and start various types of projects with it;
  3.  Trafodion has been enhanced with more features and can be tightly integrated with many
other Hadoop projects (such as Kafka, as described here https://esgyn.com/trafodion-kafka-trafka/).

I think we are ready for graduation.

Regards,
--Qifan