trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Narendra Goyal <narendra.go...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: how to turn on monitor trace?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 03:06:01 GMT
To trace the monitor:
Add these lines in $MY_SQROOT/sql/scripts/shell.env to trace the monitor ('#' as the first
character disables the trace of that type):
MON_TRACE_ENABLE=1
MON_TRACE_INIT=1
MON_TRACE_EVLOG_MSG=1
MON_TRACE_REQUEST=1
MON_TRACE_PROCESS=1
#MON_TRACE_MLIO=1
#MON_TRACE_MLIO_DETAIL=1

After that restart the env, the trace files are in $MY_SQROOT/tmp/monitor.trace*

One can even start/stop the monitor trace dynamically (via sqshell), as follows:

sqshell -a
et MTRC-MON_TRACE_REQUEST=1
set MTRC-MON_TRACE_REQUEST_DETAIL=1
set MTRC-MON_TRACE_PROCESS=1
set MTRC-MON_TRACE_ENABLE=1

after that execute other stuff for which you want the monitor trace, then turn off monitor
trace:

sqshell -a
set MTRC-MON_TRACE_ENABLE=0

Look in the file $MY_SQROOT/monitor/linux/trace.sub to find the additional stuff that can
be traced by the monitor.

Thanks,
-Narendra