trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Carol Pearson <carol.pearson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Followers + Likes + Tweets
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 22:57:08 GMT
I started to reply to this on Sunday but got caught up in playing with
regionservers and IoT queries on Trafodion instead and forgot to hit
send... :(  Playing with billions of rows of data will do that to a
person....

The only example I found in about 10 Apache projects was Kudu, a new TLP.
It has Social Media Header under its Community dropdown.  The only menu
item there is to Twitter and the @ApacheKudu twitter account.  No plug-in
and rolling tweets.

My intention was to go look at the Apache guidelines and see if adding a
plug-in was beyond the rules, or not easily integrated with the Trafodion
Web Page setup, or whether others just hadn't gotten there yet and so this
would be a way to contribute to the larger Apache community - getting a
tweet widget to work with a relatively standard Apache website.  Haven't
gotten there yet.

I also see folks like Kafka who point to their IRC channel, we could do
Slack, etc., if we went the Kudu route.  We already mention the WeChat
group on the front page.

-Carol P.

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222