trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Jenkins testing change
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 20:50:15 GMT
Yes, it certainly can be done, but I think there is a lot of work to get there, as our test
machines would need to be docker containers to fit in to that environment versus AWS VMs/images
+ puppet.

Also, we currently do a heavy amount of resource usage for the level of testing we run for
every pull request and nightly testing. It would be heavy burden on ASF infrastructure compared
to other projects, perhaps too heavy.

Our current build/test automation is in a public github repo. While Esgyn is paying the bill
for the AWS resources, it is open to the community to see how things are working. None of
it is running internal to Esgyn network (even though domain name might look that way). It
is also open to anyone in community willing to help maintain current services and/or migrate
it to ASF.

--Steve