trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Zalo Correa <zalo.cor...@esgyn.com>
Subject TRAFODION-2001 changes are ready for merge to Trafodion R2.2 baseline
Date Sat, 27 May 2017 20:48:55 GMT
The TRAFODION-2001 changes have reached the point where I believe it they are ready to merge
to the Trafodion baseline as part of the Trafodion R2.2 objectives. So consider this a petition
to the Trafodion developer community for approval to merge into the mainline code base.

To be clear, this is a substantial change to the Trafodion Foundation components and has a
direct effect to the Trafodion configuration, installation, and operational capabilities.
These changes establish a fundamental change going forward in that it will allow Trafodion
to be more in line with the elasticity capabilities of the Hadoop stack.

I have attached the original email I sent a year ago along with a set of slides with a  summary
these changes.

In addition, here is the pull request which contains the changes and Jenkins test results:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/pull/1077

These changes do not complete the elasticity story, but implement the necessary infrastructure
to complete the Trafodion elasticity story. So there is more to come such as support in the
Python installation scripts, Cloudera Manager parcel installation, Ambary installation, the
SQL engine, and other Trafodion component to take advantage of this capability.

If you have any questions please add them as comments in the JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2001)
so that they can be captured and addressed. Also, you will find an updated document with more
details in the JIRA.

Regards,

Zalo