trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: make all suboptimal?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 18:40:48 GMT
In the case of hbase-trx, the build runs multiple passes over the code in order to build multiple
versions of the jar file for compatibility with multiple distros of HBase.

Unfortunately, the build works by creating and removing multiple versions of intermediate
objects, which of course causes them to rebuild every single time.

The way it SHOULD work is to build each version of source/objects in version-specific directories
and not delete them, so that rebuilds do not do the same work over again.

--Steve