trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject NATableDB (NATable cache)
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 18:20:51 GMT
Hi Trafodion developers,

I'm debugging some issues pertaining to NATable descriptors, and need to understand the behavior
of the NATable cache (that is, NATableDB). I can figure it out from the code, but it might
be faster to pick the collective Trafodion brains.

Some questions about NATableDB:

  1.  I have the impression that one NATableDB exists per context, and it lives as long as
the life of the context. Is this true?
  2.  It looks like NATable objects might be created on the statement heap or on the context
heap. It looks like both may be cached. Is this true?
  3.  Assuming "yes" on question 2, how do the ones created on the statement heap get removed
when the statement heap itself is destroyed?

Thanks,

Dave