trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Owhadi <eric.owh...@esgyn.com>
Subject initialize trafodion?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 22:54:26 GMT
Hi Trafodioneers,
I am studying how to create system SPJ.
I see in the code an set of instructions:
// To add a new procedure:
//   update export/lib/lib_mgmt.jar to include code for the new procedure
//   add a define representing the procedures below
//   add a static const QString representing the create procedure text
//   add a new entry in allLibmgrRoutineInfo
//   perform initialize trafodion, upgrade library management
// recommend that new procedures are added in alphabetic order

// At this time there is no support to drop or change the signature of an
// existing procedure.  Since customers may be using the procedures, it is
// recommended that they not be dropped or changed - instead add new ones
// to handle the required change.

I am not sure how "initialize trafodion" work, since I have always used it only at first install.
I thought that this would wipe existing data, since it initializes metadata, right?
So there must be a mode that would just register the new system SPJ without really re-initializing
the metadata?

Eric