trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Yuan (Yuan)" <yuan....@esgyn.cn>
Subject RE: About sqgen
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2017 00:46:36 GMT
Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Now I know that we need to rerun sqgen when we change sqconfig,
any other cases that we also need to rerun sqgen?
Also, is is possible that we make sqgen as part of sqstart? Because sometimes we might forget
to rerun sqgen because it is a separate part for sqstart.

Best regards,
Yuan

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Broeder [mailto:sean.broeder@esgyn.com]
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 7:24 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: About sqgen

Hi Yuan,
Sqgen is a script that takes a mixture of configuration and release specific parameters and
creates or sets up a number of files that are used at startup and runtime.

For example, there is a file named sqconfig that describes the cluster (the number of nodes,
the location of $TRAF_HOME, etc).  Sqgen takes this file and other scripts to programmatically
generate $TRAF_HOME/etc/ms.env, gomon.cold, etc.  These are files that are created specifically
and tailored to the installed cluster and release that it is running.  In this way, when a
user types 'sqstart' the scripts, directories, and files are all in place for the monitor
and other processes to read and come up quickly and consistently.

If you later decide to alter the configuration of your cluster, for example it you change
the number of nodes in sqconfig, you can stop Trafodion and rerun sqgen.  When Trafodion is
restarted it will reflect the new changes you've specified.

Regards,
Sean