trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject Question about transaction manager on Trafodion architecture page
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 16:48:40 GMT
Hi Trafodioners,

On the Trafodion architecture page (http://trafodion.apache.org/architecture-overview.html),
in the section on Transactions, there is the following text:

Trafodion supports distributed ACID transaction semantics using the Multi-Version Concurrency
Control (MVCC) model. The transaction management is built on top of a fork of the HBase-trx
project implementing the following changes:
*         Upgraded it to work on HBase version 0.98.1 (for CDH 5.1) or 0.98.0 (for HDP 2.1).
*         Added support for parallel worker processes doing work on behalf of the same transaction.
*         Added support for global transactions, that is, transactions that can encompass
resources (regions/HTables) across an HBase cluster.
*         Added transaction recovery after server failure.
I believe the first and third bullets above are out of date.
Can you suggest up-to-date text for these? I will then update the web page.
Thanks,
Dave