trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Question about transaction manager on Trafodion architecture page
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 22:51:54 GMT
Hi Sean,

Thanks! I've made note of this, and will change it via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2799.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Broeder [mailto:sean.broeder@esgyn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:05 PM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Question about transaction manager on Trafodion architecture page

Hi Dave,
Thanks for pointing this out.

I think stating a specific release of HBase support in the architecture is a mistake because
it's just begging to become obsolete.  Perhaps a better replacement for the first bullet is
something like "Upgraded to support HBase coprocessor mechanism" because this will not likely
change in the near future.

I think the third bullet remains true.  We do support global transactions that span multiple
rows, regions and tables within an HBase cluster.

Thanks,
Sean