trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject LOB support in Trafodion JDBC T4 driver?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 18:35:58 GMT
Hi,

The Trafodion JDBC Type 4 Programmer's Reference Guide (http://trafodion.apache.org/docs/jdbct4ref_guide/index.html)
has a couple of chapters on LOB support that are not visible on the published version on the
web site. (You can find the asciidocs for these invisible chapters in incubator-trafodion/docs/jdbct4ref_guide/src/asciidoc/_chapters/lob_data.adoc
and lob_management.adoc.)

The reason the chapters are invisible is that their entries are commented out in incubator-trafodion/docs/jdbct4ref_guide/src/asciidoc/index.html.
I will guess that at the time the manual was first published (April, 2016), the LOB support
in the JDBC Type 4 driver was not ready.

I wanted to ask: Is it ready now? Should we now include these chapters? And if you have the
expertise, could you be so kind as to take a look at these chapters to see if the content
is up-to-date? (Note: https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/pull/1313 is making a
few changes to these chapters.)

Thanks,

Dave