trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Peng, Huai-Tao (Alex)" <huaitao.p...@esgyn.cn>
Subject anybody knows the logic for user authentication on mxosrvr side
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:56:14 GMT

From: Zhu, Wen-Jun [mailto:wenjun.zhu@esgyn.cn]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2017 9:41 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: 答复: timestamp type in Parquet format

It works.

Thanks.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Liu, Yuan (Yuan) [mailto:yuan.liu@esgyn.cn]
发送时间: 2017年11月8日 18:19
收件人: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
主题: RE: timestamp type in Parquet format

I reproduced you issue here, I guess it is a bug.

As a workaround, we can first cast the column as timestamp.

SQL>showddl hive.hive.t_p;

/* Hive DDL */
CREATE TABLE DEFAULT.T_P
  (
    A                                decimal(15,2)
  , B                                timestamp
  )
  stored as parquet
;

/* Trafodion DDL */

--- SQL operation complete.

SQL>select * from hive.hive.t_p where b >= timestamp '1998-12-01
SQL>00:00:00';

*** ERROR[8442] Unable to access EXT scanFetch interface. Call to Java exception in fetchNextRow()
returned error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: FilterPredicate column: b's declared type
(java.lang.Long) does not match the schema found in file metadata. Column b is of type: INT96
Valid types for this column are: [class parquet.io.api.Binary]
parquet.filter2.predicate.ValidTypeMap.assertTypeValid(ValidTypeMap.java:138)
parquet.filter2.predicate.SchemaCompatibilityValidator.validateColumn(SchemaCompatibilityValidator.java:176)
parquet.filter2.predicate.SchemaCompatibilityValidator.validateColumnFilterPredicate(SchemaCompatibilityValidator.java:151)
parquet.filter2.predicate.SchemaCompatibilityValidator.visit(SchemaCompatibilityValidator.java:115)
parquet.filter2.predicate.SchemaCompatibilityValidator.visit(SchemaCompatibilityValidator.java:58)
parquet.filter2.predicate.Operators$GtEq.accept(Operators.java:248)
parquet.filter2.predicate.SchemaCompatibilityValidator.validate(SchemaCompatibilityValidator.java:63)
parquet.filter2.compat.RowGroupFilter.visit(RowGroupFilter.java:59)
parquet.filter2.compat.RowGroupFilter.visit(RowGroupFilter.java:40)
parquet.filter2.compat.FilterCompat$FilterPredicateCompat.accept(FilterCompat.java:126)
parquet.filter2.compat.RowGroupFilter.filterRowGroups(RowGroupFilter.java:46)
parquet.hadoop.ParquetReader.initReader(ParquetReader.java:148)
parquet.hadoop.ParquetReader.read(ParquetReader.java:128)
org.trafodion.sql.TrafParquetFileReader.fetchNextBlock(TrafParquetFileReader.java:591)(18).
Error detail 0. [2017-11-08 18:13:39]

SQL>select * from hive.hive.t_p where cast(b as timestamp) >= timestamp
SQL>'1998-12-01 00:00:00';

A                 B
             1.20 2016-01-01 04:30:30.000000

--- 1 row(s) selected.