trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <ming....@esgyn.cn>
Subject RE: Projects Mission and graduation
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2017 03:42:56 GMT
+1
The change is very good, I have no more suggestions.

Thanks,
Ming

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre Smits [mailto:pierre.smits@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2017 4:18 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Projects Mission and graduation

Hi all,

One of the participants of the discussion in the Incubator general@i.a.o
mailing on the graduation of our project list raised the remark that he
found the mission statement in our proposed (and draft) graduation
resolution to be too lengthy and re-using the 'HADOOP' word to many times.

I suggest that we amend our proposed draft resolution in such a way that:

Apache Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling
transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop. Trafodion builds on
the scalability,elasticity, and flexibility of Hadoop. Trafodion
extends Hadoop to provide guaranteed transactional integrity, enabling
new kinds of big data applications to run on Hadoop

gets replaced by:

“Apache Trafodion is a web-scale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling
transactional or operational workloads, providing guaranteed transactional
integrity, building on the scalability, elasticity, and flexibility of
Hadoop, and enabling new kinds of big-data applications”.

What are your thoughts? Can we reach a consensus on this?

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project