trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Carol Pearson <carol.pearson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is there docs about systables of trafodion?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 06:54:50 GMT
A year or two ago, I did just that and then used the free version of an
on-line tool to build an ER diagram of the tables at that time. I wanted to
write a bunch of different metadata queries for some research I was doing,
and I found a chart was helpful.

I will poke around to see if I can find the details on my starting point,
and on the tool I used.  I know it wasn't Visio because I didn't have a
license for it at the time, but I don't recall what it was... Either way,
the version I had at the time is a bit out of date now.

In any case, it started out just as Dave described:

 1)  showddl on each metadata table, and also the tables that support
statistics/histograms stored in each schema
 2)  Massage the output with emacs (ok, you could use sed/awk or whatever
other tools you want) to get into a .csv format
 3)  Import .csv fileI into a tool to build a table structure for each
 4)  Format to add the additional info, to display relationships, group
related tables, etc.

-Carol P.

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222