trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Roberta Marton <roberta.mar...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.2.0 RC 2
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2018 02:55:11 GMT
+0

Running centos 6.7 and Cloudera 5.7.6 with Kerberos enabled.
I installed the source files for Trafodion release 2.2.
Successfully build binaries.

However, when I ran the python installer, it failed:

Host [rm1.novalocal]: Script [hdfs_cmds.py] ..................................... [ FAIL ]

Failed to run command  su - hdfs -c '/usr/bin/hdfs dfs -chgrp 18/01/28 21:15:25 WARN security.UserGroupInformation:
PriviledgedActionException as:root (auth:KERBEROS) cause:javax.security.sasl.SaslException:
GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level:
Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]
18/01/28 21:15:25 WARN ipc.Client: Exception encountered while connecting to the server :
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials
provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)

There is a valid HBASE  ticket:

[centos@rm1 distribution]$ sudo su hdfs
bash-4.1$ klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_494
Default principal: hdfs/rm1.novalocal@TRAFKDC.COM

01/28/18 21:11:10  01/29/18 21:11:10  krbtgt/TRAFKDC.COM@TRAFKDC.COM
                renew until 02/02/18 21:11:10

I was able to manually run the hdfs requests when connected as hdfs user.

After manually running the HDFS steps, the installation step completed and trafodion database
was initialized.  However, neither authentication or authorization was enabled.  I was able
to manually enable both and successful run some SQL queries.

I am concerned that when security features are enabled, that things do not work as correctly.

      Roberta