trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Narendra Goyal <narendra.go...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: a error when compiling hbasetmlib2
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 02:08:29 GMT
Looks like there were still references to incubator-trafodion (which were not satisfied):
" make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/home/adamas/tmp/incubator-trafodion/core/sqf/export/include/seabed/trace.h',
needed by `Linux-x86_64/64/dbg/hbasetm.o'.  Stop.  ##(SQF)"

As part of 'make', some components create files (dependency files) that contain a list of
files - that spells out the list of dependencies (generally .h files). Don't think the dependency
list is re-created if the dependency file(s) already exist.

Doing a  'make clean' should clean (generally) up the dependency files.

Thanks,
-Narendra

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhu, Wen-Jun [mailto:wenjun.zhu@esgyn.cn]
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:43 PM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: a error when compiling hbasetmlib2

Hi,

When I pulled the newest code and compiled, I met this error in the output of the command
`make`:

cd /home/adamas/tmp/trafodion/core/sqf/src/seatrans/tm/hbasetmlib2; make        ##(SQF)
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/adamas/tmp/trafodion/core/sqf/src/seatrans/tm/hbasetmlib2'
  ##(SQF)
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/home/adamas/tmp/incubator-trafodion/core/sqf/export/include/seabed/trace.h',
needed by `Linux-x86_64/64/dbg/hbasetm.o'.  Stop.  ##(SQF)

What goes wrong here?

I thought there was something wrong with the newest code. But then I opened a new shell, and
cloned a new copy from github, and it compiles well. Is this related to environment variables?
How can I figure out which variable cause this problem?

Thanks.

Regards,
Wenjun Zhu