trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Selva Govindarajan <selva.govindara...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Set autocommit to OFF in db level
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2018 06:16:01 GMT
As per the JDBC application, the default mode is auto-commit mode. Trafodion T4 connection
is also set to auto commit by default.
Same is the case with ODBC specification. Trafodion ODBC driver also sets the connection to
SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_DEFAULT. SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_DEFAULT is SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_ON.

Selva

-----Original Message-----
From: Anoop Sharma [mailto:anoop.sharma@esgyn.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 9:27 PM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: RE: Set autocommit to OFF in db level

hi, set transaction statements are runtime stmts and only impact that session when issued.
They are not like a cqd (control query default) that could be set at system level.

By default, autocommit is OFF. But sqlci and trafci set it to ON at startup by internally
issuing 'set transaction autocommit on'. This is done so interactive statements could be treated
as standalone stmts and would commit any transaction started for them.
If a user specified transaction is being used by issuing 'begin work', then autocommit will
be OFF.

>From an application program, autocommit will be OFF by default.

Am not sure if there is a connectivity/client property that could be set to turn autocommit
ON or OFF.
Someone familiar with connectivity can answer that.

anoop