trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <ming....@esgyn.cn>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.2.0 RC 2
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2018 03:08:50 GMT
Hi, Steve,

The policy page does requires the year to reflect the distribution of the CURRENT and past
versions of the product. It we should update it. But does that mean we have to update all
headers in most source files, or only the NOTICE file?

And I think this is NOT that strict, I checked a few other Apache projects:

Kylin 2.2.0 , in NOTICE, it is 2014-2016, but Kylin 2.2.0 released at 2017 Nov
ZooKeeper 3.4.8 , NOTICE file said 2009-2015, but ZooKeeper 3.4.8 released at 2016 Feb
Drill 1.12 , NOTICE file said  2013-2014, Drill 1.12 released at 2017 Dec
HBase is very good, update NOTICE for most releases, but the 2.0.0-beta-1 released at 2018
Jan, and the NOTICE file not update the year, still 2007-2017
Kudu 1.2.0, NOTICE file is 2016, but it released at 2017 Jan
Hive 1.2.2 , NOTICE file is  2008-2015, 1.2.2 released at 2017 April

Hadoop is very strict at this, not only update year for each release, but also lists all third-party
license header in its NOTICE file.

So in sum, I think it will be good for Trafodion to strictly follow the rule in the next release,
but it is not strict for now. Could you consider to change your vote ?

Thanks,
Ming