trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Song, Hao-Lin" <haolin.s...@esgyn.cn>
Subject Question about trafodion insert
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2018 02:50:26 GMT
Hi all

I have a question about trafodion insert that if trafodion executes query ‘insert into table
values(i),(i+1)…,(i+100)’ N/100 times faster than executing query ‘insert into table
values(i) N times. So I made a simple test:
I used jdbcT4 to execute query ‘insert into song values(i)’ 10K times (i from 1 to 10K,
10k rows)and it cost about 89 seconds. Then I executed query ‘insert into song values(i),(I
+1),…,(i+100)’ 100 times(total of 10,000 rows) and it cost about 8.6 seconds.
I am not sure if it only because simple 1 needs to send buffer to mxosrvr 10k times. But I
am more concerned about if query ‘insert into table values(i),(),(),(I + N)’ will be executed
faster in sql engine than executing ‘insert into table values(i)’ N times.

Besides, how will the engine handle query ‘insert into table values(a),(b),(c)’? Will
engine use execute plan cache?

Best,
宋昊霖 (Haolin(Leo) Song)