trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Selva Govindarajan <selva.govindara...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: issues on error message
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:37:39 GMT
The enums are just a way to access the error codes symbolically. Usually, the error codes in
Trafodion have ranges assigned to different components of the Trafodion engine. The errors
originating in catalog manager  component are expected to be CmpDDLCatErrorCodes.h and the
errors originating in executor  component are in exp/ExpErrorEnums.h.    However, these grouping
are not strictly enforced. At times, the error codes are used without enums (symbolic names).

There are many helper functions to populate the diagnostics area.  Most often used functions
are

ExRaiseSqlErrors
DgSqlCode DgString, DgInt

ExRaiseSqlError is used in executor and mostly in work method of operators. It can be used
when diagnostics area is not already allocated. This method allocates the diagnostics area
and passes back to the caller.

DgSqlCode concept is used in other areas of Trafodion when diagnostics area is already allocated
and available.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-3009 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-2853

 for details of the change that streamlined this concept to some extent.

Selva