trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject SQL compiler debugging on CentOS 7
Date Tue, 29 May 2018 17:29:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm doing some debugging in the SQL compiler on a Trafodion instance on CentOS 7.

One of the things I commonly do is use the "display()" function in gdb on various ItemExpr-related
classes. So, at the gdb prompt, I might do "p keyList.display()".

This works fine on RedHat instances. But today I tried it for the first time on a CentOS 7
instance, and, after showing some output, the function appears to go into an infinite loop.
Top shows gdb running at close to 100%.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks,

Dave