trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Selva Govindarajan <selva.govindara...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Where does cerr go in sqlci?
Date Wed, 23 May 2018 23:15:06 GMT
I believe it goes to file in  /tmp  directory.  Find the pid of sqlci
cd /proc/<pid>/fd
ls -l 2

This needs to be fixed. There was a change that went into EsgynDB to fix this issue and this
needs to be ported back to Trafodion.

Selva

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Birdsall <dave.birdsall@esgyn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 4:09 PM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: Where does cerr go in sqlci?

Hi,

I am debugging some stuff in NormItemExpr.cpp.

I see some nice debugging macros in there, e.g. DBGIF, that have code that write things to
"cerr".

So I tried it. But damned if I can figure out where "cerr" is being written to.

I would have thought it would go to a log file in the $TRAF_HOME/logs directory. But nothing
shows up there.

I tried "sqlci 2>dave.txt" but to no avail.

I will guess the Monitor is redirecting cerr somewhere. But where?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave