trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Narendra Goyal <narendra.go...@esgyn.com>
Subject FW: SQL compiler debugging on CentOS 7
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2018 16:06:33 GMT
Not sure why it's happening. Perhaps something to do with some signal handling. Setting the
SIGSEGV handler (in a gdb session) to 'nopass' before doing a 'p <method>' and resetting
it to 'pass'  immediately after the call seems to work.

With the following methodology one doesn't have to remember setting/resetting the handler.

Add the following to ~/.gdbinit:

define pgdb
 handle SIGSEGV nopass
 p $arg0
 handle SIGSEGV pass
end

and then in the gdb session, call:
 pgdb <method>

If there are args for the <method>, just need to call <method(arg1,arg2..)> without
spaces.

Thanks,
-Narendra

classes. So, at the gdb prompt, I might do "p keyList.display()".

> This works fine on RedHat instances. But today I tried it for the first time on a CentOS
7 instance, and, after showing some output, the function appears to go into an infinite loop.
Top shows gdb running at close to 100%.