trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Avinash Dongre <avin...@ampool.io>
Subject Re: Standardize on java code style
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2018 05:37:51 GMT
I have not seen the java code, is it maven based project ??

If java project is converted into gradle, then it has spotless plugin which while building
the code fixes the code style.

Thanks

Avinash

________________________________
From: Venkat Muthuswamy <venkat.muthuswamy@esgyn.com>
Sent: 04 June 2018 23:56:21
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: Standardize on java code style

Hi,

Given that many contributors are touching same java files and using their own editors of choice,
it becomes difficult to review PRs when git reports large change when mismatch in tabs vs
spaces.

Can we standardize on the java code style using the google java code style? There are plugins
for eclipse and IntelliJ IDEs.
We start using these on any new files we touch going forward.

https://github.com/google/google-java-format
GitHub - google/google-java-format: Reformats Java source ...<https://github.com/google/google-java-format>
github.com
README.md google-java-format. google-java-format is a program that reformats Java source code
to comply with Google Java Style.. Using the formatter from the command-line ...

https://google.github.io/styleguide/javaguide.html

For eclipse, You can download the plugin jar and copy it to your eclipse/drop-ins folder.
Restart eclipse and then set your java formatter implementation to google-java-format in Window
> Preferences > Java > Code Style > Formatter > Formatter Implementation

Comments ?

Venkat