trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Venkat Muthuswamy <venkat.muthusw...@esgyn.com>
Subject Standardize on java code style
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2018 18:26:21 GMT
Hi,

Given that many contributors are touching same java files and using their own editors of choice,
it becomes difficult to review PRs when git reports large change when mismatch in tabs vs
spaces.

Can we standardize on the java code style using the google java code style? There are plugins
for eclipse and IntelliJ IDEs.
We start using these on any new files we touch going forward.

https://github.com/google/google-java-format
https://google.github.io/styleguide/javaguide.html

For eclipse, You can download the plugin jar and copy it to your eclipse/drop-ins folder.
Restart eclipse and then set your java formatter implementation to google-java-format in Window
> Preferences > Java > Code Style > Formatter > Formatter Implementation

Comments ?

Venkat