trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Selva Govindarajan <selva.govindara...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Filter out SYSTEM object for various GET utilities
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2018 14:58:19 GMT
I believe " get all tables", " get user tables",  "get system tables"  commands are already
available. But it seems to return the same information.  I would think  you might consider
fixing these commands if possible.

Selva

-----Original Message----
From: Ming <ovis_poly@sina.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:54 AM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Filter out SYSTEM object for various GET utilities

Hi, all,

I have got some requirements from the support engineers of Trafodion, that wish to filter
out those system objects when doing 'get tables', for example, those histogram tables, not
showing them.

I have created JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-3113

What do all others think about this? Shall we need to do this? Or you have better ideas?

I noticed there are various GET commands, and maybe we can show all object when it is DB__ROOT,
but for normal user, just show normal objects. Or we should add some new command like 'get
all tables' , 'get user tables' , 'get system tables' , for example?

thanks,

Ming