trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Ming" <ovis_p...@sina.com>
Subject Is there a simple way to force the use of scratch file?
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2018 12:48:04 GMT
Hi, all,

I am trying to reproduce an issue in STFS. So I need to use a query to use
the STFS.

I tried to generate 10 Million rows in a table and do an ORDER BY, but it
doesn't use scratch file. I think I need to generate more rows maybe.

But is there a simpler way to simulate that? No matter what query it is, I
am fine, I just need that query can use scratch file.  I am using a
development machine, with very small disk and memory. So I hope I can find a
simple way to simulate.

Any idea will be very appreciated!

thanks,

Ming