trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Prashanth Vasudev <prashanth.vasu...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Is there a simple way to force the use of scratch file?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 15:03:07 GMT
You can reduce the number of buffers and size of each buffer used by sort operator to minimal
value. This will cause sort to run out of buffers and use scratch files.

The following cqds can be reduced to minimal values.
GEN_SORT_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE
GEN_SORT_MAX_NUM_BUFFERS
GEN_SORT_NUM_BUFFERS

Regards,
Prashanth

-----Original Message-----
From: Ming <ovis_poly@sina.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:48 AM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: Is there a simple way to force the use of scratch file?

Hi, all,

I am trying to reproduce an issue in STFS. So I need to use a query to use the STFS.

I tried to generate 10 Million rows in a table and do an ORDER BY, but it doesn't use scratch
file. I think I need to generate more rows maybe.

But is there a simpler way to simulate that? No matter what query it is, I am fine, I just
need that query can use scratch file.  I am using a development machine, with very small disk
and memory. So I hope I can find a simple way to simulate.

Any idea will be very appreciated!

thanks,

Ming