trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Zeller <hans.zel...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Do we have hint as a replacement of cqd nested_joins off?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 16:58:57 GMT
Hi Yuan,

No, unfortunately there are no join hints in Trafodion. Maybe you can try cardinality hints
to influence the optimizer to choose a hash join:

select * from t1 <<+ cardinality 1e9>> join t2 <<+ cardinality 1e6>>
on t1.a=t2.b;

Hans

-----Original Message-----
From: Liu, Yuan (Yuan) <yuan.liu@esgyn.cn>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:29 AM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: Do we have hint as a replacement of cqd nested_joins off?

Hi Trafodioneers,

Sometimes we find the query plan is not correct, e.g the query should use hash join but it
chooses nested_joins.

Then we have to use one more statement "cqd nested_joins 'off'". However, sometimes it is
not easy to add one more statement in application side.

So I am just asking that do we have a hint for the cqd? Like below,

Select <<+nested_joins 'off'>> ...

Best regards
Yuan