trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Broeder <sean.broe...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Trafodion 2.3 check list
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 02:47:24 GMT
Hi Roberta,
I think this is a good starting point expect for the EsgynDB related requirements.

My assumption, perhaps naively, is that unless there is a new release driver or completed
JIRA in the release that the dependent software components or release distribution would remain
the same as the previous release.  It seems like trying to determine which distro, compiler,
or java version should be supported during the vote is inefficient and problematic.  It would
be helpful to have these issues determined and documented well before the vote, so I like
your idea of a checklist that could be modified or updated based on the release content.

Thanks,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberta Marton <roberta.marton@esgyn.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 5:13 PM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: Trafodion 2.3 check list

I think we should document the list of tests we should run on Trafodion before we officially
release the product.
This will help the release manager and the voters to make better decisions about the product.
When someone wants to validate the release, they can choose one or more tests.
Here is a list that I have thought about, feel free to add your own comments:

Identify the latest versions of Hortonworks, Cloudera, and Java we support.
Create a set of predefined tests to run for EsgynDB and native Hive objects.  Nothing too
big just basic DML and DDL requests.

*         Verify that the signatures on all deliverables are good

*         Perform the following tests on both Hortonworks and Cloudera platforms using the
identified versions:

o   Install the binaries using Python and Ambari installers and run set of predefined tests

o   Build the source, build the binaries, install the binaries using Python and Ambari installers,
 and run some predefined tests

*         Rerun the previous bullet with security features enabled (Kerberos & LDAP)

*         Make sure installations work on single node and multi-node clusters.

*         Build the clients and make sure they work on both Hortonworks and Cloudera

   Roberta