trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Zeller <hans.zel...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: [Discussion] Our GIT repo and Github
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2018 15:48:18 GMT
+1

That would be a very good idea, IMHO.

For code changes, that should make things really easy. For documentation and web site changes,
I hope it would not make the process any more complicated than it already is.

Hans

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre Smits <pierresmits@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 2:11 AM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: [Discussion] Our GIT repo and Github

For references:
[1] https://git.apache.org
[2] https://reference.apache.org/committer/git
[3] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Trafodion+Contributor+Guide

Our project uses git as version control solution [1], and we have a
presence thereof at GitHub. The setup allows contributors who work on the
GitHub side (in their forks) to submit PRs and comments thereon from there
[4].

However, the setup dictates/includes only having read access to our GitHub
repo for our contributors (including those with the commit privilege). This
means (AFAIUI) that every commit action needs to take place at the ASF side
of the setup.

Would it be beneficial to our project to move from our current setup to the
'gitbox' approach that has been made available by the ASF, so that there
can the read/write permission for contributors (with the appropriate
privileges) working via the GitHub side?

WDYT?

[1] https://git.apache.org
[2] https://reference.apache.org/committer/git

Best regards,