trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhu, Wen-Jun" <wenjun....@esgyn.cn>
Subject communication mechanisms in Trafodion
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:11:00 GMT
Hi all,

Recently I am reading code about ComDiagsArea, as the name implies, it is used to communicate.

I find there are several communication mechanisms in Trafodion:

1.     Classes derived from IpcMessageObj
As my understanding, these classes are used within executor.
As the name shows, the IpcMessageObj is passed through IPC, so can these passed between nodes?
On the same node, what programs do these messages communicate between?  Two mxosrvrs, or mxosrvr
and compiler?
Now that IPC cannot be used to communicate across machines(or the literal `IPC` in name IpcMessageObj
is obsolete?),
what have we used to communicate between nodes? Have we implemented a tool like Apache Thrift
ourselves?

2.     Code in file sockstream.cpp
As I can see, this is a socket stream. I guess it is used to communicate between monitor and
tm program, and it can cross the machines, right?

3.     Program mpirun
there is a program mpirun, and it is started up, not useless.
As I know, mpi is Message Passing Interface, what does that program do?

Is there other communication mechanism? Do we have documents to describe these macheanise?

Thank you.

Regards,
Wenjun Zhu