trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Qifan Chen <qifan.c...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: How to get a sort_groupby plan
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 16:35:22 GMT
Hi Yuan,

In this plan, I think the compiles does the right thing in selecting the hash_groupby because
a sort groupby would be more expensive and the sorting work (on 1) does not help the final
sort (on 2).

Neverthless, you can use a "control query shape" statment to force the sort groupby.

control query shape sort(sort_groupby(cut));

<compile the query>;

Thanks --Qifan

________________________________
From: Liu, Yuan (Yuan) <yuan.liu@esgyn.cn>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 10:57:37 AM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: How to get a sort_groupby plan

Hi trafodioneers,

I am trying to get a sort_groupby query plan, but I always get hash_groupby plan.

Do you have any idea about how to get a sort_groupby plan?

>>explain options 'f' select a.INDUSTRYPHY,sum(a.REGCAP) from DMA_ENTTYPE_STAT a group
by 1 order by 2;

LC   RC   OP   OPERATOR              OPT       DESCRIPTION           CARD

---- ---- ---- --------------------  --------  --------------------  ---------

3    .    4    root                                                  2.50E+001

2    .    3    sort                                                  2.50E+001

1    .    2    hash_groupby                                          2.50E+001

.    .    1    trafodion_scan                  DMA_ENTTYPE_STAT      5.03E+00

Best regards

刘源(Yuan)

上海易鲸捷信息技术有限公司<http://www.esgyn.cn/>

地址:上海市浦东新区金科路2889号长泰广场A座603