trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Automated test problems
Date Thu, 23 May 2019 16:11:30 GMT
Following up on jenkins issues, the jenkins server was not sick on its own, but was being attacked
with malware.  We are running a bit older version of jenkins, and it is exploiting a vulnerability
there.  I have not been able to fully close the hole without a major upgrade to the jenkins
server and related plugins.

I'm babysitting the current test that we've tried to run for several days, but after that,
I plan to take jenkins offline and work on upgrade.  It might take a few days to get everything
working properly.

In the mean time, I suggest contributors, reviewers, and committers have a little more explicit
conversations about what regression testing has been done on changes coming in.  There is
nothing jenkins was doing that can't be done with regular regression testing and reviews.

--Steve