trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Selvaganesan Govindarajan <selva.ganesa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion Release 2.4 is ready for release - release candidate 1 (RC1)
Date Sat, 09 May 2020 07:43:15 GMT
+1
Downloaded both source and binary artifacts from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/trafodion/trafodion-2.4.0-RC1/ -
Status OK
Verified the signature and checksum of
apache-trafodion_server-2.4.0-RH6-x86_64.tar.gz
and apache-trafodion-2.4.0-src.tar.gz - Status OK
Verified if the tag 2.4.0RC1 matches with the source code from the artifact
- Status - Apache License File was update correctly after RC1. Final
release should include this change.
Build Trafodion from source files from the artifact - Status OK
Extract the binary archive and check if Trafodion comes up  - Status OK
Run initialize Trafodion - Status OK

I urge Apache Trafodion Contributors, Committers and PMCs to vote for RC1
as soon as possible, I hope my binding vote counts. if so, can someone let
me know how many binding votes are needed to to go into next phase and do
the final release of Apache Trafodion Release 2.4.

Please refer to https://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html and
https://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html  if you need more information about
your role responsibities.

Regardsop
Selva

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 2:11 PM Selvaganesan Govindarajan <
selva.ganesan93@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all the contributors for their contribution to Apache Trafodion
> Release R2.4. Now, I am calling on you to vote for Apache Trafodion Release
> 2.4 RC1.
>
> The artifacts of the release can be download from
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/trafodion/trafodion-2.4.0-RC1/
>
> This artifact contain both the source and binary of the release.
>
> The Release Notes for Apache Trafodion Release 2.4 from JIRA is available
> at
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318620&version=12342359
>

> GIT Info is
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=trafodion.git;a=commit;h=a26452c1aef93ade2cf68010323517bf51529568
>

> You can also clone the repository at
> https://github.com/apache/trafodion  and use
> https://github.com/apache/trafodion/tree/release2.4 branch to get the
> copy of the source code.
>
> The release artifacts are signed using key D8EEF274 and is available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/trafodion/KEYS
>
> Instructions to setup the build environment using your own laptop running windows 10
in the absence of Linux environment provided by your company has been updated.

> Please refer to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Trafodion+Contributor+Guide
>
> for the updated instructions to setup of the build environment and to validate the source
artifact.

> You can also validate the binary release artifact using the updated instructions in the
above link.

> I am yet to update the Apache Trafodion Release 2.4 documents. Your help to modify the
website to make the current set of documents as Apache Trafodion Release 2.4 documents  is
highly appreciated. Please let me you know your willingness to update the documentation.