trafodion-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <ming....@esgyn.cn>
Subject 答复: 答复: 答复: add a comment to a table
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 14:57:13 GMT
Hi, Gunnar,

Yes, extend showddl will be a very good way to retrieve comments. QiFan is proposing to write
a UDF, Oracle seems to provide a system table with comments, and user have to write a query
to search in that system table.
Showddl will be a nice way, so we can add that capability as well.
I will update the jira and record this.

We can discuss more about the implementation and design in the JIRA. It is TRAFODION-1915.

Thanks,
Ming

发件人: Gunnar Tapper [mailto:tapper.gunnar@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2016年4月1日 21:58
收件人: user@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
主题: Re: 答复: 答复: add a comment to a table

Can you do the columns too while you're at it? Being able to embed documentation is already
a good thing. For example, we could document the repository this way.

Also, do you plan to extend showddl to show the comments? Or, some other means?

Thanks,

Gunnar

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Liu, Ming (Ming) <ming.liu@esgyn.cn<mailto:ming.liu@esgyn.cn>>