trafodion-user mailing list archives

From Hans Zeller <hans.zel...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: select statement in the alias for the key word error
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 16:07:21 GMT
Hi,

We could probably remove OID as a reserved word. I don't think it is used
by Trafodion, but it might have been flagged in the ISO/ANSI standard as a
potential reserved word in the past. I don't see it as a reserved word int
he SQL99 standard. Most databases allow the use of reserved words as
identifiers, Trafodion is a bit more strict - like the ISO/ANSI standard
describes it.

I tried building without OID as a keyword and didn't get any compiler
errors, but haven't run the tests yet.

Could you file a JIRA for this? https://issues.apache.org/jira/. WIth luck
this fix could make it into the Trafodion 2.0 release.

Hans

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:38 AM, yujie.yuan@microinsight.com.cn <
yujie.yuan@microinsight.com.cn> wrote:

> hi,all
> ‘OID’ is a keyword in Trafodion, so it will cause errors like this:
> >>select a1 as oid, c1 from t116t3;
>
> *** ERROR[3128] OID is a reserved word.  It must be delimited by double-quotes to be
used as an identifier.

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> So I have a few questions:
> 1.
> Is there a special way we can use oid without double quote it?, we need it as an alias
of a column? Current application use this heavily, it will be a big effort to change all OID
into “OID”.
> 2.
> If answer of 1 is ‘No way’, then is it possible to not define OID as a keyword? We
don’t see anywhere OID is used, maybe this is a latency keyword which Trafodion can get
rid of?
> 3.
> More generally, Is it possible to allow some keyword if one can tell from context of
its real meaning? Following query can be running in Oracle, for example , ‘count’ is keyword
in Oracle as well: