tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Tuscany.js - an assembly model for Node.js micro-services
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 06:23:44 GMT
Hi Arved,

I had looked at Switchyard long time ago and yes, it looked nice. I care
about the language though as all the services I'm working on are
implemented on Node.js. I've now been doing Node.js for several years and
just having to spell Java again in this email gives me the chills :)

I'm looking for a really lightweight implementation that I could just embed
in my Node apps. To put this in perspective, Node itself is a 12Mb download
and all of my micro-services and their dependencies are about 3 Mb,
compared to a total of 390Mb download just for Java + JBoss EAP +
Switchyard.

I looked through their docs again but can't find much about Javascript
other than a reference to JSR223... Have you seen anything about a Node.js
integration in there?

- Jean-Sebastien